Can't install the Apple Watch app
If Slopes isn't showing up on your Apple Watch or you're having trouble installing it, try these troubleshooting tips:
- We'd suggest first opening the Apple Watch app on your phone and scrolling down to see if Slopes is available for install. As you scroll down you'll pass by Apple's native apps first, then your currently installed third-party Watch apps. Finally, you'll see a list of third-party apps that have yet to be installed (and those that are in the process of being installed). You should see Slopes in one of those last two lists and that'll give you a clue as to what is going on.
- Yes, we know it's a cliché suggestion, but try restarting both devices. Many users say that this solves the issue.
- Try deleting the Slopes iOS app from your phone and reinstalling it from the App Store.
- Try force-quitting the iPhone's Watch app, then trying to install again.
- Test if you can install any other apps on your Apple Watch. If you can't then it may be a hardware issue, in which case the tips in this article could be helpful.
Note that Slopes requires watchOS 8 or later. If your Watch is on watchOS 7 or earlier, then it won't appear in the list of apps available to download. To check what watchOS version your device is on, open the Settings app on your Apple Watch → General → Software Update.