A Friend Isn't Showing Up
Can't see each other? Here's a few things to check:
- The most common issue is that the people not showing up have connection issues. Slopes' location sharing does require an internet connection to work, and that isn't a guaranteed thing at all ski resorts.
- Recording on iPhone: Check the Location Sharing screen on iOS :tap the ^ on the recording screen to see options, then tap Location Sharing. You'll see an error message there if the phone can't get online.
- Recording on Apple Watch: The Nearby screen (swipe left once) will show a red "Connection Issue" button.
- Has everyone friended each other? You can check who's on your friends list on the 'Friends' tab in the app.
- Did everyone start recording by picking the same resort? "Unlisted resort" does not support location sharing. Resort-tagging also needs an internet connection, so if you can't tag the resort, then you don't have connection to the internet.
- Does everyone have the Find Me option turned on?
- Recording on iPhone: tap the ^ on the recording screen to see options, then tap Location Sharing. Make sure Find Me says "on."
- Recording on Apple Watch: swipe right to get to the controls and Find Me will be lit up yellow if it is on.